Saturday, May 8, 2010

so I'm finally here

So, first blog entry from Suriname. So far so good. I feel like we're just at summer camp in some developing country. I really don't feel like I'm in Suriname. I've walked to town a few times, but we really haven't had much time to explore. I'm super excited (ok, nervous too) to go to our Community Based Training in Brokopondo. Then I'll be staying with a family and I'll really get to see a bit more how things are.
Everyone is super awesome so far. We all seem to be getting along really well and bonding and all that stuff.
We learned about our possible sites yesterday. It was all a little overwhelming. It's really hard to try to choose what you think you'd work well in with a description of a place. Without actually being there, it's next to impossible to know. But we'll find out our sites on Monday, which should be super exciting.

4 comments:

  1. Exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of where you are living. P.S. I just noticed the "disclaimer" on your website header. Hmmm...something they made you do during orientation or was it the legal advice of your lawyer, Dr. Pomeroy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the mosquitos aren't killin ya....I'm in the city and I'm getting murdered, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, I can't believe you're THERE! That's a great way to think of it - as summer camp. Maybe you'll spend a good chunk of time roasting marshmallows and telling South American ghost stories? Anything is possible.
    P.S. Erin, Megan is not at liberty to discuss the details of the disclaimer due to legal ramifications. Please contact her attorney for further details. Sincerely, Dr. Pomeroy Esq Atty at Law

    ReplyDelete