Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Home is where I sleep for 3 or more consecutive nights


So I've been a bit behind on updating my blog. I have no excuse other than not really knowing what to say. Some weeks ago I had some issues at my site and ended up getting pulled because of safety and security concerns. Let's just say that it was a pretty rough time. It was definitely hard to leave my village, even though I had only been there for 5 weeks. I really loved my village and the people were amazing, not to mention it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I've kind of been in limbo since then, not really knowing where I'll be going or what I'll be doing. But, we do have a plan. I'll be moving to another village with a fellow volunteer. She just moved there and I will be moving there as soon as there is a house available for me. I'm not really sure how long that will take. In the meantime, I am staying at a fellow volunteer's house in the city and working on projects in the city. Basically, everything is completely different now but things are good. The dust has finally settled and I'm starting to see a bit more clearly.

I've moved around so much since being in country, that I start to call a place "home" as soon as I've stayed there a few nights. Home has been my training site when I lived with the family, the hostel in the city, my house at site, Matt's house when I visited for 5 days, my house again, the hostel in the city again and now it's the apartment I'm staying at. I've also gotten way better at living in the present, which is good. My life has kind of been in limbo for so long that if I started to stress about it I'd get REALLY stressed, so I'm just taking it a little at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Hm, safety issues sounds like no good. Glad to hear you're safe and there's a new plan in the works. Sounds like you're coping well though. Good luck and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete